Snakes and Their Skins

We all say things, but do we really mean them? Have you ever seen one of those “I am here for
all of my followers, and if you ever need someone to talk to do not hesitate to send me a dm” or
an “everyone should be kind to everyone, and if you are struggling with anything so not hesitate
to contact me ;)” posts on social media? I see those everywhere but most of the ones I have read
are posted by people I would never talk to or trust in a million years. I think it is really ironic when
people who have been not so kind to others in the past preach about being what they themselves
are not. This reminds me of how in The Great Gatsby, Nick Carraway goes on and on about how
he reserves his judgement and that is why so many people talk to him, but he himself cannot stop
judging Tom. He is one example of how you should not trust everything someone says, because
in the end, their actions will speak louder than their words. If you say you’re one thing and it is what
you actually are, it should be portrayed by how you act and what you say. So be who you say you
are, and not a two faced snake.


So when all is said and done, the tea is, no matter how many times a snake sheds its skin and
says “it’s changed,” remember that in the end it is still a snake.

Image result for two faced cartoon people

Comments

  1. Actions speak louder than words. True fact. I really liked your post and how people should be who they say they are because in the end, no matter how eloquently you speak, your actions will reveal the kind of person you are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts